Feedback and Complaints
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our clients and staff on the manner in which we receive and manage complaints. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling any complaints.
1. Objective of this policy
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- You are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes;
- Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process;
- Your complaint is investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information and evidence;
- We take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information;
- Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
2. Definition of a complaint
In this policy a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a client relating to a service provided by us.
3. How a complaint can be made
If you are dissatisfied with a service provided by us, you should in the first instance consider speaking directly with the staff member/s you have been dealing with. If you are uncomfortable with this or consider the relevant staff member is unable to address your concerns you can lodge a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- By telephoning us on: 03 9415 1299
- By writing to us at:
National Curriculum Services
PO Box 361
Abbotsford VIC 3067
- By emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we receive your complaint verbally and we consider it appropriate, we may ask you to put your complaint in writing.
All complaints will be acknowledged in writing.
4. The information you will need to tell us
When we are investigating your complaint we will be relying on information provided by you and information we may already be holding. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary. To help us investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following information:
- Your name and contact details;
- The name of the person in our organisation you have been dealing with;
- The nature of the complaint;
- Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the complaint;
- Details of conversations you may have had with us that may be relevant to your complaint;
- Copies of any documentation that supports your complaint.
5. Our Process
We are committed to resolving your issues at the first point of contact, however this will not be possible in all circumstances, in which case a more formal complaints process will be followed.
- We acknowledge – within three business days of receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint.
- We review – we undertake an initial review of your complaint and determine what if any additional information or documentation may be required to complete an investigation. We may need to contact you to clarify details or request additional information where necessary.
- We investigate – within 10 business days of receiving your complaint we will investigate your complaint objectively and impartially, by considering the information you have provided us, our actions in relation to your dealings with us and any other information that could assist us in investigating your complaint.
- We respond – following our investigation we will notify you of our findings and any actions we may have taken in regard to your complaint.
- We take action – where appropriate we amend our business practices or policies.
- We record – we will record your complaint for continuous improvement process and monitoring through regular review, your personal information will be recorded in accordance with relevant privacy legislation.
6. When you complain about one of our employees and or subcontractors
If you complain about a member of our staff and/or subcontractor, we will treat your complaint confidentially, impartially and equally (giving equal treatment to all people). We will investigate your complaint thoroughly by finding out the relevant facts, speaking with the relevant people and verifying explanations where possible.
We will also treat our staff member and/or subcontractor objectively by:
- informing them of any complaint about their performance;
- providing them with an opportunity to explain the circumstances;
- providing them with appropriate support;
- updating them on the complaint investigation and the result.
7. Complaints under investigation by a regulator or law enforcement agency
If your complaint is currently being investigated by a relevant federal, state or territory consumer protection regulator or law enforcement agency we may cease to take further action in relation to your complaint pending finalisation of their investigation.
We will assist any agency with their investigations.
8. Our complaint escalation process
Where possible, we will attempt to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact, we will undertake an investigation of your complaint and provide you with our findings.
If you are satisfied with our proposed decision or actions, we will close your complaint and record the findings for our continuous improvement program.
However, if you are not satisfied with our proposed decision or actions, we will record this, and provide you with information on how to escalate your complaint to involve an outside mediator.